By Andrei S. Dukhin
Key terms outline the scope of this booklet: 'ultrasound' and 'colloids'. traditionally, there was little actual verbal exchange among practitioners in those fields. even though there's a huge physique of literature dedicated to ultrasound phenomenon in colloids, there's little reputation that such phenomena will be of actual value for either the improvement and purposes of colloid science. On the opposite aspect, colloid scientists haven't embraced acoustics as a huge software for characterizing colloids. the inability of any severe discussion among those clinical fields is the most important motivation in the back of this book.- Covers in detail this multidisciplinary field combining acoustics, electroacoustics, colloid technological know-how, analytical chemistry and rheology - offers a bibliography with greater than 1,000 references - offers theories and their experimental verification, besides as analysis of the tools and concerning functions resembling prescription drugs, ceramics, and polymers
Read Online or Download Characterization of Liquids, Nano- and Microparticulates, and Porous Bodies Using Ultrasound PDF
Best chemical engineering books
Eco-friendly Chemistry is an artistic technology in accordance with basic examine in the direction of the advance of latest sustainable chemical strategies. there's a nice have to create a brand new form of chemistry desirous about a brand new creation procedure, which will arrange the more youthful iteration to get a greener destiny. The globalization pushes the chemistry group to undertake moral matters.
There were many volumes written that declare to be the main "comprehensive" compendium or guide on chemical info. those wieldy volumes are usually too giant and extraneous to be priceless to the practising engineer. This new quantity goals to be the main priceless "go to" quantity for the operating engineer, scientist, or chemist who wishes quickly solutions to day-by-day questions about fabrics or chemical compounds and does not are looking to cross on lengthy searches via voluminous tomes or long net searches.
This can be a chemical engineering textbook for undergraduate and graduate scholars in reactor layout and response engineering classes.
- Integrated membrane systems and processes
- Fundamentals of Pressure Sensitivity
- Solutions To The Problems In Coulson & Richardson's Chemical Engineering
- Membrane operations : innovative separations and transformations
- Advanced Ceramic Coatings and Interfaces IV (Ceramic Engineering and Science Proceedings)
- Surfactants and Interfacial Phenomena
Extra info for Characterization of Liquids, Nano- and Microparticulates, and Porous Bodies Using Ultrasound
J. Goetz, Electroacoustics phenomena in concentrated dispersions. New theory and CVI experiment, Langmuir 15 (20) (1999) 6692–6706. S. N. Shilov, H. J. Goetz, Electroacoustics phenomena in concentrated dispersions. Effect of the surface conductivity, Langmuir 16 (2000) 2615–2620.  M. Povey, The application of acoustics to the characterization of particulate suspensions, in: V. Hackley, J. ), Ultrasonic and Dielectric Characterization Techniques for Suspended Particulates, Am. , Ohio, 1998. D.
Otherwise, they would build cationanion pairs because the thermal motion would not be able to prevent their aggregation at small distances. This condition can be formulated as the following nonequality: aion > aB ¼ e2 8pee0 kT ð2:7Þ Fundamentals of Interface and Colloid Science 33 Statistically, some ions would exist even if their sizes are below the Bjerrum radius because there is some equilibrium distribution between free ions and pairs. There is a theory describing this distribution by Fuoss .
4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. Density of sediment grains Bulk modulus of the grains Density of the pore fluid Bulk modulus of the pore fluid Viscosity of the pore fluid Porosity Pore size parameter Dynamic permeability Structure factor Complex shear modulus of the frame Complex bulk modulus of the frame 40 CHAPTER 2 The last four properties present the most problem in the application of the Biot theory. This was discussed in detail by Ogushwitz , who proposed several empirical and semiempirical methods for calculating these parameters.
Characterization of Liquids, Nano- and Microparticulates, and Porous Bodies Using Ultrasound by Andrei S. Dukhin