By Haluk Beyenal, Jerome T. Babauta
This booklet serves as a handbook of analysis thoughts for electrochemically lively biofilm study. utilizing examples from genuine biofilm examine to demonstrate the concepts used for electrochemically energetic biofilms, this booklet is of such a lot use to researchers and educators learning microbial gasoline mobile and bioelectrochemical structures. The publication emphasizes the theoretical rules of bioelectrochemistry, experimental approaches and instruments invaluable in quantifying electron move tactics in biofilms, and mathematical modeling of electron move in biofilms. it truly is divided into 3 sections:
- Biofilms: Microbiology and microbioelectrochemistry - specializes in the microbiologic point of electrochemically energetic biofilms and info the foremost issues of biofilm practise and electrochemical measurement
- Electrochemical concepts to review electron move techniques - makes a speciality of electrochemical characterization and knowledge interpretation, highlighting key elements within the experimental approaches that impact reproducibility
- Applications - makes a speciality of functions of electrochemically lively biofilms and improvement of customized instruments to review electrochemically energetic biofilms. Chapters element the right way to construct the reactors for purposes and degree parameters
Read Online or Download Biofilms in Bioelectrochemical Systems: From Laboratory Practice to Data Interpretation PDF
Similar chemical engineering books
Eco-friendly Chemistry is an artistic technological know-how in line with primary examine in the direction of the improvement of latest sustainable chemical approaches. there's a nice have to create a brand new kind of chemistry keen on a brand new creation procedure, on the way to arrange the more youthful new release to get a greener destiny. The globalization pushes the chemistry group to undertake moral concerns.
There were many volumes written that declare to be the main "comprehensive" compendium or guide on chemical facts. those wieldy volumes are usually too gigantic and extraneous to be invaluable to the practising engineer. This new quantity goals to be the main worthy "go to" quantity for the operating engineer, scientist, or chemist who wishes quickly solutions to day-by-day questions on fabrics or chemical substances and does not are looking to move on lengthy searches via voluminous tomes or long web searches.
This can be a chemical engineering textbook for undergraduate and graduate scholars in reactor layout and response engineering classes.
- Enzymes in Nonaqueous Solvents: Methods and Protocols (Methods in Biotechnology)
- Corrosion Resistance of Zinc and Zinc Alloys
- Combustion, Fifth Edition
- Process Development: From the Initial Idea to the Chemical Production Plant
- Chemical Energy Storage
- Perry's chemical Engineer's handbook, Section 16
Additional resources for Biofilms in Bioelectrochemical Systems: From Laboratory Practice to Data Interpretation
Using genome-scale modelling. Nat Rev Microbiol 2011;9:39–50. 186. Meunier CF, Yang XY, Rooke JC, Su BL. Biofuel cells based on the immobilization of photosynthetically active bioentities. ChemCatChem 2011;3:476–488. 187. Moehlenbrock MJ, Minteer SD. Extended lifetime biofuel cells. Chem Soc Rev 2008;37:1188–1196. 188. Mohapatra BR, Dinardo O, Gould WD, Koren DW. Biochemical and genomic facets on the dissimilatory reduction of radionuclides by microorganisms – a review. Mineral Eng 2010;23:591–599.
Yang XM, Beyenal H, Harkin G, Lewandowski Z. Evaluation of biofilm image thresholding methods. Water Res 2001;35:1149–1158. 117. Beyenal H, Lewandowski Z. Mass-transport dynamics, activity, and structure of sulfate-reducing biofilms. AIChE J 2001;47:1689–1697. 118. Beyenal H, Lewandowski Z. Internal and external mass transfer in biofilms grown at various flow velocities. Biotechnol Prog 2002;18:55–61. 119. Beyenal H, Tanyolac A, Lewandowski Z. Measurement of local effective diffusivity in heterogeneous biofilms.
7a . The individual electrode potentials were monitored using a data acquisition unit. 7 V. The steady state electrode potentials before the system was loaded with an external resistor were approximately −400 and +400 mVAg/AgCl for the anode and cathode, respectively. 7 (a) Schematic of a laboratory seawater SMFC constructed using ocean sediment and seawater. (b) Anode and cathode potentials of the seawater SMFC over time. Shaded areas represent time periods during electrochemical characterization.
Biofilms in Bioelectrochemical Systems: From Laboratory Practice to Data Interpretation by Haluk Beyenal, Jerome T. Babauta